الخميس، 16 فبراير 2017

writing about jobless

0


writing about jobless



      hello


writing about jobless


I know it’s been days and days since the last post. You caught me. I’ve just come out of the other side of the yearly holiday blackhole, and I think I might just have my feet back on the ground.
Until the last couple of weeks, I really envied jobless writers. Maybe that’s not the correct term, but you know who I’m talking about, those writers who have achieved enough success with their writing that it has become their full-time occupation. No longer are they slaves to the alarm clock, no longer forced to make the daily commute and serve their time at the seemingly compulsory 9 to 5.
I once thought these people had it made. I envisioned laying in bed until mid-morning and then spending a lazy day at the computer whilst still wearing pajamas and leisurely banging out a few thousand words in a couple of hours and then spending the rest of the day in lazy indulgences. I even tried it myself over the holidays, as much as I was able, and found myself complete unable to write.
My absence from my blog mirrors the amount of writing I accomplished over the holidays.
None.
There’s something to be said about getting up every morning, making the drive to my office, and spending the hours doing what I do. I now see that the focus I have developed over the years to help me do my job is still not one which comes naturally. The focus I have to write seemingly is dependent upon my environment, specifically the five day per week work environment. After putting in my designated hours in the office, I’m finding myself in a better frame of mind to put fingers to keyboard.
Writing has become a release for me, an escape from the not-so-enjoyable parts of my weekly existence. The problem is, without something to escape from, I find myself content to not write. This is not a good thing.
So, for more reasons than just the economy, I find myself thankful once again for the the employment I have. I’m not sure I could ever make it as one of those jobless writers.
Author Image

About weesh
Soratemplates is a blogger resources site is a provider of high quality blogger template with premium looking layout and robust design

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق